Job Code: CVG-SA0117 | Location: Covington, KY | Full-Time, Salary Position
The position to be filled is a Systems Administrator role. The Systems Administrator works for and under the general direction of the CTO and senior management. You would also act as a bridge between the 3z helpdesk staff and other Systems Administrators – helping research and qualify issues before they are escalated, or assist helpdesk in resolving issues that have a higher technical knowledge requirement.
Duties of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and documenting patch management processes on hosted servers, both physical and virtual
- Monitoring health and functionality of server hardware within the data center
- Tier 2 troubleshooting when issues are beyond capabilities of helpdesk personnel
- Monitoring and documentation of backup systems within data center
- Assisting other Sys Admin staff as needed on operations tasks and projects
- Active Directory administration on hosted systems
- Exchange and SQL administration on hosted systems
- Documenting systems and procedures as needed for helpdesk and projects
Position may require work to be done from home after normal business hours – this is expected of all 3z.net positions and is taken into consideration as part of your base salary.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, and other core network services
- Experience with MS SQL, MS Exchange (all versions)
- Experience and good understanding of Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp and other SBC platforms.
- VMWare vCenter/ESX knowledge a plus
- Good understanding of networking concepts and best practices - IE: routers, firewalls, switches, etc – experience in Cisco IOS a plus.
- Working knowledge of a wide array of operating systems (all flavors of Windows, MacOS, *nix)
- Need to be a self-motivated individual
- Obsessive attention to detail
- STRONG problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Degree in IT related field, years of experience may override this requirement
- 5+ years of experience
- Certifications in relevant technologies a plus
Most of what 3z does is considered ‘out of the box’ and custom – applicants must be able to work in a demanding and highly dynamic environment and keep up on current industry trends as well as be self motivated, eager to learn and have a work ethic that puts our customers first. Skills in researching and problem solving are an absolute must for this position.
3z.net provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 3z.net complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
3z.net expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 3z.net’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.